The Neurasmus program is a full-time Neuroscience study program offering a unique interdisciplinary and integrated approach of normal brain functions and diseases. It strongly emphasizes training in cutting-edge techniques in all major topics of brain research, from molecules to cognition. The Neurasmus curricula are completely embedded in international-oriented local Master programs of the partner universities. Each program features among the best and most reputed national programs in Neuroscience. The Neurasmus program is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree developed under the Key Action 1 of the Erasmus+ program.
> Check out our video that presents the Neurasmus program and introduces you to just some of the international students who have embarked on the Neurasmus adventure!
At the application stage, students choose the main track they wish to follow. This defines their first year mobility. Depending on the track chosen, students spend their first and second semesters in Amsterdam/Göttingen /Berlin/Bordeaux. The Board of Education agrees on the first, second or third wish according to the selection ranking and intake capacity of partner institutions. At the end of the first semester, students choose a subspecialty which defines the partner university(ies) for the 2nd year. It is part of the student’s Personal Training Plan (PTP).
Strengths of this Master program?
- Scientific education and training with innovative and interdisciplinary brain research methodology.
- Research projects (laboratory rotations) involving experimental work and data analysis.
- Common workshops bringing together students and university representatives.
- Small classes and close contact with faculty staff.
- International learning environment with high-level mobility opportunities.
- Attractive scholarships.
After this Master program?
- On completion of the Master program, students are qualified candidates for different exchange and training PhD programs currently available among the consortium members.
- Graduates will have also the possibility to pursue their studies at PhD level at any of the consortium graduate schools or at any other research institution worldwide.
- Graduates interested in starting a career within the business sector, benefit from the industrial network of the consortium.