This programme will:
- focus professionally on a wide range of subjects within the field of education and related areas
- allow you to study themed modules within the areas of reflective practice, leadership and management, inclusion and/or your own chosen theme
- support previous professional development within your own setting
- enable you to meet and share ideas with other educational professionals.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- study on a flexible basis at the IOE, offsite with a cohort of students from a cluster of schools, or at a distance
- transfer credits from courses taken at other institutions, or from an IOE PGCE programme
- build your own learner-centred programme using modules from a range of IOE programmes, which can meet your school's needs and/or respond to Ofsted action plans
- work with a diverse learning community including graduate diploma students.
Teachers, teaching assistants, educational administrators, lecturers, educational psychologists and other professionals working in education.Entry requirements
A good first degree or a teaching qualification with appropriate practical experience. Applicants with alternative qualifications may wish to consider the graduate diploma routeExamples of core topics
- Assessing colleagues' learning
- Exploring the role of the tutor
- Developing leaders
- Curriculum design and development
- Action research: contexts and issues
- Widening leadership
- Supporting learning
- Nurture group practice.
By coursework assignments of up to 5,000 words, with portfolio or presentation options for some modules, and a 20,000-word dissertation or 10,000-word report.Attendance
Mixed mode, including face-to-face daytime, evening or weekend sessions and online learning.Where do our students go?
Graduates of this masters degree are currently working as:
- senior leaders, headteachers and principals
- doctors, nurses and social workers supporting learning
- support staff in schools and colleges
- tutors and lecturers in further and higher education.
- Assessing Colleagues' Learning (M-level)
- Developing Leaders (M-level)
- Developing The Role Of The Higher Or Further Education Tutor (M-level)
- Independent Study (M-level)
- Reading Recovery In Primary Literacy Leadership (RRiPLLe)
- Supporting Learners And Learning (M-level)
- Teacher As Author - Curriculum Design And Development (M-level)
- Teaching Children In Reading Recovery
- The Action Researcher: Exploring Issues And Contexts (M-level)
- Understanding The Theory & Practice Of Nurture Groups (M-level)
- Widening Leadership (M-level)