The broad field of electrical engineering involves working with all manners of electronic devices, from pocket calculators to supercomputers. Often overlapping with computer engineering, a degree in electrical engineering can open up the door to a career in almost any industry. Since technology is always changing and expanding, the need for electrical engineers is always growing. Through an understanding of the ways, electricity is generated and controlled electrical engineers specifically design, develop, and test electrical equipment. Like any other kind of scientist, they must also know how to communicate their ideas to others in their field. A successful electrical engineer possesses not only an understanding of his or her area of concentration but also a broad grasp of engineering in general. This is why most degree programs offering electrical engineering begin with the fundamentals of engineering itself. Once the student has mastered these fundamentals, they can start to focus on a specialty.
Electrical engineering students learn through a combination of design and lab work. This mix of the theoretical and practical application allows students to think things through and then apply their ideas in a variety of real life situations. Students also learn to diagnose problems and develop a variety of solutions for specific engineering problems.
- The programme is fully accredited and approved by relevant authorities.
- Hands-on approach with high percentage of practical work to support fundamental knowledge.
- Teaching-and-learning approach is both conventional and interactive.
- Academic staff with industrial experience and members of professional bodies.
- Exposure to various leading edge technologies in the areas of control and instrumentations, power and energy, industrial automation, etc.
- Versatile programme where students may pursue study at masters and PhD levels in many different engineering fields.
- Professional Certification
- Principles of Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Workshop
- Electronic Devices
- Mathematics for Engineers 1
- Engineering Practice & Professionalism
- Fundamental English
- Circuit Theory
- Engineering Mechanics
- Digital Electronic Fundamentals
- Electronic Circuits
- Computer Programming for Engineers
- Mathematics for Engineers 2
- Network Analysis
- Microprocessor Systems
- Measurement & Instrumentation
- Mathematics for Engineers 3
- Professional English 1
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Microcontroller & Interfacing
- Engineering Drawing & CAD
- Statistics for Engineers
- Professional English 2
- Mandarin 1
- Automation and Robotics
- Electrical Machines & Drives
- Control System Analysis
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Mandarin 2
- High Voltage Engineering
- Further Control System
- Communication System
- Industrial Safety & Health
- Hubungan Etnik / Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Industrial Training
- Electrical Systems Design in Building
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Engineers in Society
- Engineering Final Year Project 1
- Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia
- Power Quality
- Elective 3
- Innovation Management
- Engineering Final Year Project 2