This provides new challenges for organisations and the area of marketing will be especially prevalent. During this course you will explore the theoretical and practical aspects of marketing products and services, with the focus firmly on the ultimate consumer. As a graduate of Robert Gordon University you will be well equipped for a career in marketing, management or a more specialised career such as direct marketing, public relations, promotion and advertising.
What you will study
- Management Development Programme
- Business Ethics
- Introductory Economics
- The Financial Environment
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Management Concepts
- People Management
- International Business
- Business Data Analysis
- Organisational Behaviour
- Advertising Communication
- Business Law
- Consumer Behaviour
- Enterprise Development
- Public Relations
- You may also choose to spend Semester 1 undertaking a period of Study Abroad with a partner foreign university
- Placement Students - Placement,
- Management Report
- Research Methods
- Non Placement Students -
- Business Research and Professional
- Development, Organisational
- Marketing, Personal Selling & Sales
- Management, New Business
- Project, and three Option Modules
- Study Abroad Students - One year of Study Abroad with a partner foreign university.
- Business Strategy
- Applied Consumer Psychology
- Appraisal of Current Market Research
- International Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Management
SQA Higher BBCC
GCE A Level CCC
ILC Higher BBC1C1
IB Diploma 26
Alternative Qualifications: Equivalent overseas qualifications and some access programmes will be considered. Applications welcomed from students with alternative qualifications and relevant work experience.
Degree Link Programme: Appropriate HNC qualifications from one of our partner FE Colleges will be considered for year 2 entry. Appropriate HND qualifications from one of our partner FE Colleges will be considered for year 3 entry. Students will follow the class-based taught route as an alternative to a placement in year 3.
Placements and accreditations
The optional work placement in year 3 brings a sense of realism and dynamism to your course and is highly regarded by employers as preparation for employment. As a Management with Marketing student you can choose to apply for a placement within a related function, or within alternative business functions should you wish to broaden your functional expertise. There are placement opportunities locally, nationally and internationally with small, medium and large organisations both in the private and public sectors.
Fees and bursaries
- New students: £1820 for academic year 2010/11
Students from Scotland and the EU are not liable to pay fees and should apply to SAAS for funding.
If you are from England, Wales or Northern Ireland you should apply to the appropriate funding body.
- England - http://www.studentfinanceengland.co.uk/
- Wales - http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/
- Northern Ireland - http://www.studentfinanceni.co.uk/
- New students: £8650 for academic year 2010/11
The above tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
If you are already a student at Robert Gordon University, you can find information on fees for academic year 2010/11 on the Student Finance web pages.
A number of scholarships are available to students studying within the Management Programme many of which include a placement and financial funding during your course. The following scholarships are available to students on this course:
- KCA Deutag
- The Fiona Fuller Business Scholarship sponsored by Pöyry
- The Stewart Milne Group Scholarship
How to apply
All applications should be made through UCAS. You must apply online at http://www.ucas.com/students/apply.
Once you register and create your username and password you are guided through the process of applying. After submission, log in to your UCAS Track account and you can see the progress of your application, view and respond to your offers.