This course provides a grounding in theory and practice, from which to progress towards a variety of further studies and career options throughout the world of accounting and finance.
Students will be able to develop their knowledge, skills and insights in the following areas:
- Concepts and theories of accounting in a broad economic, legal, social and professional environment.
- Basic principles of auditing, investment, finance, taxation and their implications.
- Alternative recognition rules and valuation bases.
- The recording, preparation, presentation and analysis of financial information.
- Business and financial information technology and systems and professional ethics.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of accounting data.
Each module will be assessed by a variety of coursework and examination or by coursework only.
This course provides an excellent foundation to becoming a qualified accountant, giving exemptions for 9 of the 14 ACCA qualification.