About Part-time MBA, MBA - at Nyenrode Business Universiteit
The Part-time MBA is designed for young professionals wishing to combine work and study in an international program. Taking 21 months to complete, its modular structure offers study periods at Nyenrode, at the Kellogg School of Management, USA, and the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Based on a series of six two-week modules spread over 21 months, the Part-time MBA encourages continuity in your professional life while allowing periodic immersion in the academic world. The Part-time MBA is underpinned by five ‘building blocks’:
- practical relevance - Part-time MBA students have on average 7-8 years of work experience behind them. The program is designed to build on that experience and apply the latest management theory to real-life business situations.
- academic rigor - the program builds on established traditions and innovations in management education. It gives you the academic knowledge, theoretical frameworks and models needed to identify any business problem, as well as a thorough grounding in marketing, finance, accounting and operations management.
- personal development - the total manager excels in communicating with colleagues and clients. To this end, the program nurtures a range of interpersonal skills, such as leadership, essential to success in the business environment. It involves a concentration on communications, working skills, and inter-cultural and cross-cultural awareness.
- networks - the emphasis on communities within the workplace and across industries and international boundaries is now more crucial than ever, and is increasingly recognized as an integral factor of opportunity and success in business. The Part-time MBA emphasizes the care and attention the manager should devote to these support webs and will integrate you into the influential global alumni network.
- international orientation - the international dimension of the program complements our emphasis on personal development. The future is global and Nyenrode’s teaching philosophy reflects this, as does the school’s cosmopolitan student population, its faculty and indeed the program’s international modules at the University of Stellenbosch in South Africa and at the Kellogg School of Management in the United States.
The Part-time MBA program is designed for ambitious, working professionals, and it culminates in a project thesis synthesizing the applied and academic components. It is a demanding and intense enterprise where, although supervised by a faculty member, the student works alone linking field research to relevant business theory. The aim is to put into practice everything you have learned over the previous modules, and to apply it successfully in the real business world.Student profile
Nyenrode has a tradition of entrepreneurship, and an ideal candidate is someone who is prepared to take initiative and aim for top quality. Nyenrode students think outside the box, set new limits and look for innovative solutions. Importantly, our students are accountable managers who think before they act, and then act respectfully and responsibly, both personally and with respect to their surroundings.
At least four years of work experience are required for the Part-time MBA program, and the average is currently around eight years. Students following the Part-time MBA combine work and study in a series of six modules spread over 21-months. Although the majority of students are based in The Netherlands, the modular structure enables students to follow the program from wherever in the world they are based.
Our graduates demonstrate success in small, medium and multinational business environments, in both start-ups and venerable companies, in commercial and governmental structures, and in charitable and NGO set-ups. The managerial craftsmanship we teach is adaptable to national and international operations in any industry, be it banking, consulting or manufacturing, communications, exploration or strategic infrastructure.