Master's in Economics
Degree: MSc in Economics and Business Administration
ECTS credits: 120
Duration: two years
The Master's programme in Economics offered by the NHH Norwegian School of Economics teaches tools to analyse markets and industries and the economic challenges facing private business, public institutions and international organisations.
The Economics profile studies what motivates and drives decisions for individuals, companies, competitors and authorities, and what determines prices, returns and economic allocations.
Understanding economic mechanisms is vital for the success of business and the design of public policy and this master’s programme offers a thorough and comprehensive education in economic theory and empirical methods.
- a solid understanding of microeconomic models analysing demand and consumer behaviour, competition and firm strategy, as well as market structure and information;
- a solid understanding of macroeconomic models analysing growth and business cycles in the aggregate economy, inflation and employment, as well as monetary and fiscal policy;
- knowledge of econometric methods to analyse economic data, and an understanding identification of causal effects and prediction;
- an understanding of models and methods used in specialised areas in economics.
- the ability to work with and analyse analytic models of the economy;
- a critical understanding of the main theoretical models describing economic behaviour both at the micro- and macroeconomic level;
- the ability to analyse economic data and contrast and compare empirical predictions and implications across different economic models
NORWAY'S LEADING BUSINESS SCHOOL
It makes a difference where you study. NHH is one of the best business schools in Europe and is a member of the exclusive CEMS network (– the strategic alliance of 30 leading business schools, 65 multinational companies and five NGO partners. We welcome talented students from across the world to our master’s programmes and offer them a first-rate education – with no tuition fee.
At NHH we have close links to business and industry. The school's extensive cooperation with Norwegian and international companies will make sure you get a learning experience that is relevant, up to date and focused on helping you become a business leader of tomorrow. Our students get inspiration from meeting representatives from the business community all year round through guest lectures, case presentations, seminars and conferences, career days and company presentations.
NHH candidates quickly find relevant, well paid jobs after their studies, shows NHH’s labour market survey (2018). The labour market survey is an annual survey of how NHH graduates are received in the labour market. It was sent to the 489 candidates who graduated in spring 2018.
The responses show that over 92 % had found work six months after completing their master’s degrees. About 3.5 % of the candidates chose to continue their studies at NHH or other educational institutions. Among those in employment, 85.6% stated that they had received a job offer before they had graduated. 96 % consider their work to be relevant to their education from NHH.
We are, as the only Norwegian institution, a member of CEMS - The Global Alliance in Management Education. CEMS is a global alliance of academic and corporate institutions dedicated to educating and preparing future generations of global business leaders to enter into a multilingual, multicultural and interconnected business world through the CEMS Masters in International Management.