The Newcastle Business School Distance Learning MBA course is designed for busy managers who are seeking part-time or flexible modes of study to enhance their career potential and professional development. The Distance Learning MBA follows the same structure as part-time MBA but will be supported by:
- Weekly online videocast and podcast sessions designed to allow you to study at your own location and pace
- Optional supporting tutorials face to face or via Skype delivered by highly qualified teaching professionals with real world experience.
- An on-line study portal which provides access to a range of e-books, over 300 electronic databases and 30,000 electronic journals.
- A reading pack for each module with custom text books
- Work related assignments that give you an opportunity to develop and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding and provide evidence of competence.
- A leadership and management development programme designed to develop your personal and professional competences and employability skills.
- The online MBA forum allowing you to learn from leading practitioners.
- A supportive learning environment with ongoing academic skills development sessions and one to one guidance.
The curriculum has been designed in consultation with a range of leading organisations, professional bodies and addresses international and national business school standards such as AMBA, EFMD, EQUIS and AACSB.
Induction and Academic Skills Development
We will begin your course of study with us with an online or face to face one day induction where you will learn about the university, the programme, meet the team, meet your fellow learners and learn more about the modules and assessments and gain a detailed introduction to the learning resources and support available.
We will also spend time developing your academic skills such as report writing, referencing, and making best use of academic learning materials and critical review. This academic development will, however, continue throughout your studies with us to ensure you have every opportunity of performing to the very highest standard.
Please contact our Admissions Team for details of entry requirements.
International/English Language Requirements:
International applicants are required to have one of the following English language qualifications with grades as shown below.
- A British Council International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.5 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 5.5
- Pearson Academic score of 62 (or above) with a minimum score in each component of Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking of 51
The University also accepts many other English language qualifications and if you have any questions about our English Language requirements please contact the International Admissions Office and we will be glad to assist you.
In all cases, the entry qualifications are intended as a guide only. It is our intention to place applicants on the programme most suited to their particular circumstances and, as such, we will endeavour to take into account both academic and professional qualifications and organisational experience. In all cases students should normally occupy a position of managerial responsibility in order to be able to carry out the competence requirements of the course in a work situation.
How to apply
Applications for the majority of Part-time and Distance Learning courses should be made direct to the University using the online application form.
You can apply online at www.northumbria.ac.uk/mba.
Contact for Further Information
MBA Programme Director: Lucy Lu
MBA Admissions Tel: 0191 227 4453