Goal of the program – to train qualified bachelor in psychology graduates, who possess basic psychological knowledge and skills and are able to apply psychological knowledge in diverse situations in a scientific and ethical way.
High-quality study program:
- In 2015 foreign expert group confirmed the quality of the program;
- The program received accreditation for the longest possible term – 6 years (until 2021);
- The program complies with the EuroPsy requirements for bachelor study programes in psychology confirmed by EFPA: European Federation of Psychologists' Association.
The shortest bachelor in psychology program in Lithuania:
- 3,5 years, i.e. 7 semesters.
The program has an applied focus:
- The program includes alternative subjects, so the students can determine, which applied field of psychology (e.g., business psychology, legal psychology) they wish to know better;
- Each semester includes at least one subject, which helps to develop practical skills, including personal (e.g., communication), professional academic (e.g., academic writing) or professional practical (e.g., psychological assessment or counseling) skills;
- Practical skills are taught in small seminar groups, which ensures an effective transfer of skills.
Young, enthusiastic, proactive teachers:
- 2/3 of the teachers are younger than 40;
- Half of the teachers are practicians.