1. What is your name, where are you from?
My name is Shuroq and I’m from Saudi Arabia
2. Why did you decide to study abroad?
There are many reasons for that, such as the fact that I like to get to know more about other cultures and meet new people, but the main reason was to be with my family since they got to Poland before I did. Moreover, studying abroad is an experience and a life chance that shouldn’t be missed.
3. What did you like most about Premedical Course? What were the benefits of participating in it?
The best was the relationship between the doctors and me as a student. It wasn’t as formal as it would normally be. They were really kind and helpful as if they were my friends. The premedical course helped me a lot during my first year due to the fact we had similar subjects.
4. Why did you decide to study medicine?
I’m a curious person and I’ve always been wondering about the human body and how it works – specially how complicated the brain is, therefore, I decided to study medicine.
5. Why did you choose MUL?
I am not going to lie and say the cliché answer that it’s because it is a good university or its well reputation or etc. I just chose it because my sister is studying here and again to be with my family in the same place, Lodz.
6. What do you like about your studies?
It’s hard to specify but I like the clinical classes which are more real than the theory learning. I like the way we communicate with patients and how I improve my language (since most of the patients speak polish) and skills.
7. What was the strangest, funniest thing you have encountered during your stay here?
The strangest yet funniest thing is hearing the Poles saying “no” but what they really mean is actually “yes”.
8. What is one part of your culture that you would like to share with Poles?
There are a lot of differences between the two cultures and what I love the most about the Saudi culture that it is more family oriented than here. Also, I would love for the Poles to try Saudi food, since it has more spices, rather than just salt and pepper.