The Master program Entrepreneurship & Tourism enables participants to develop and focus on applying skills and theories that allow them to recognize and use market opportunities in- and outside organizations. Thus they are provided with the necessary base to be innovative and reach sustainable success.
Primary curriculum goals include:
- to gather sound and application-oriented knowledge to further develop management expertise and approaches to entrepreneurship in tourism;
- the reflection and discussion of key competencies needed to develop entrepreneurial and intercultural leadership skills;
- the students acquire profound and practice-based knowledge about strategic and operational marketing and learn how to professionally apply this knowledge in the tourism and leisure industry;
- the development of key skills and competencies needed to lead family businesses in tourism;
- the development of a sound understanding and theory of market trends and their implications for international tourism;
- to gather sound knowledge and know-how to deal with the key-issues for the management of destinations and innovation.
Within the framework of the Master degree program “Entrepreneurship & Tourism” students have the opportunity to choose between two innovative areas of specialization, namely
- Strategic Management & Tourism (held in German and English)
- Marketing Management & Tourism (held in English)