The purpose of the Program "Physical Education and Sports Sciences" is to provide a high level academic education and applied knowledge for the vocational preparation of sports scientists and physical educators teachers, in the area of Sports, Recreation and Health. Graduates will acquire educational skills that will enable them to successfully work in the private and public sector of exercise and sport services. The curriculum offers knowledge in the theory and practice of physical education and sports, and in fields such as training, rehabilitation, tourism, recreation and health, while encouraging the production of new knowledge. The Program "Physical Education and Sports Sciences" is in Greek and is located in Limassol.
Key Learning Outcomes
It is expected that with completion of their studies, graduates will obtain:
- The necessary training that will enable them to teach effectively the course of physical education in schools.
- Knowledge and skills so that they can develop training programs in the field of sports based on training periodization principles and the multidisciplinary support of competitive sport preparation.
- The necessary experiences to offer their services in the field of sports, recreation and health.
- An integrated academic background and practical skills so that they can design specialised exercise programs that encapsulate the new knowledge produced and the new directions created for various population categories with a view to health and well-being.
- Skills and abilities that will enable them to plan and organize outdoor recreational activities with the aim of developing and promoting sports tourism.
- The necessary knowledge of the techniques, skills and methodologies for the teaching of sports in various ages with the required scientific knowledge from the sports sciences.
- The appropriate skills that will enable them to carry out high-level research in the fields of physical education, sport and health.