This course includes the history of wines, spirits, liqueurs, etc and their production, viticulture, vinification and tastings.
You can now download the free WSET app for iPad and iPhone, a fun way to help build your wine knowledge.What you study
- Introduction to the level 2 systematic approach to tasting.
- Service and storage of wines.
- Alcohol in moderation.
- Food and wine matching.
- Factors influencing the style of wine and label terminology.
- Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc, Syrah/Shiraz, Grenache and Riesling.
- Italy, Spain and Portugal.
- Sparkling wines and sweet wines.
- Fortified wines