Why study BSc (Hons) Nutrition at BU?
- This course received 100% overall satisfaction rating from our final year students in the latest National Student Survey (NSS)
- Choose to undertake a 30-week placement anywhere in the world, to give you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Our established networks with industry over the years provides great placement opportunities
- On this course you’ll gain practical skills and knowledge in food processing, product development, food safety and microbiology
- Our specialist nutrition labs, which are home to state-of-the-art equipment, support practical teaching in nutrition, human physiology and food safety
- The nutrition teaching team include award-winning staff who are involved in leading research contributing to societal change today.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Nutrition degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. The Foundation Year is based at our Talbot campus. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Nutrition study.
The course is accredited by the Association for Nutrition, so you will be eligible to register as a Registered Associate Nutritionist when you graduate.
All statistics shown are taken from Unistats, Destination of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE), BU institutional data and Ipsos MORI (National Student Survey) unless otherwise stated.