Churches today are larger and more complex in nature. It is important that ministers develop higher level skills in all they do. Ministry can take place within a variety of contexts; this includes Administration, Chaplaincy, Children's ministry, Church planting, Community work, Creative ministry, Leadership, Cross cultural ministry, Women's ministry and Youth ministry.
This course sets out the essential skills to minister, in particular within a Christian context and include:
- Ethical decisions
- Biblical knowledge and interpretation
- Theological knowledge and interpretation
- Pastoral ministry skills
Students are to choose from six different Specialisations - which are Chaplaincy, Church Planting, Creative Ministry, Cross Cultural Ministry, Leadership and Pastoral Ministry.
- Diploma of Ministry (Chaplaincy)
- Diploma of Ministry (Church Planting)
- Diploma of Ministry (Creative Ministry) - Parramatta
- Diploma of Ministry (Cross Cultural Ministry)
- Diploma of Ministry (Leadership)
- Diploma of Ministry (Pastoral Ministry)
Upon completion of this qualification, learners will have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to minister effectively in a variety of settings. Potential vocational outcomes for graduates of this Course will depend on the participants' pre-existing qualifications and experience, as well as their chosen electives.
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- Ability to apply ethical decision making principles
- Ability to communicate a broad knowledge of an Old Testament book and New Testament book
- Ability to identify and apply a Christian worldview and values
- Demonstration of general leadership skills in a ministry context
- Ability to apply knowledge of pastoral ministry to a broad range of contexts, and depth in the area of specialisation
- Demonstration of general research skills, particularly the ability to gather, understand, evaluate and analyse information
The Diploma of Ministry is designed to equip Christians to serve God in the 21st Century. This course will increase your knowledge of God and His Word, develop the skills for interpreting and communicating Christian principles to a variety of audiences, refine your spiritual disciplines and sharpen your abilities for effective church and community ministry.
Units will vary at different locations. Refer to locations and delivery modes for unit list.
Locations will vary depending on the chosen area of Specialisation. Refer to Specialisations Offered.
Fees will vary at different locations.