Ministry can take place within a variety of contexts; this includes Administration, Chaplaincy, Children's ministry, Church planting, Community work, Creative ministry, Leadership, Cross cultural ministry, Women's ministry and Youth ministry.
This course sets out the essential skills to minister, in particular within a Christian context and include:
- Ethical decisions
- Biblical knowledge and interpretation
- Theological knowledge and interpretation
- Pastoral ministry skills
Students are to choose from four different Specialisations - which are Children's Ministry, Cross Cultural Ministry, Leadership and Pastoral Ministry.
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Children's Ministry) - ACC Kids
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Cross Cultural Ministry) - Parramatta
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Leadership)
- Certificate IV in Ministry (Pastoral Ministry)
Upon completion of this qualification, learners will have acquired the necessary knowledge, attitudes and skills to minister effectively in a variety of settings. Potential vocational outcomes for graduates of this Course will depend on the participants' pre-existing qualifications and experience, as well as their chosen electives.
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- Ability to apply spiritual disciplines
- Demonstration of a broad knowledge of the Old Testament and New Testament
- Ability to identify and apply Christian worldview and values
- Ability to apply knowledge of pastoral ministry to a broad range of contexts, and depth in the area of specialisation
- Demonstration of general research skills, particularly the ability to gather, understand and evaluate information
Units will vary at different locations. Refer to locations and delivery modes for unit list.
Locations will vary depending on the chosen area of Specialisation. Refer to Specialisations Offered.
Fees will vary at different locations.