The one-year Master's in Communication Studies is an internationally oriented programme and is taught entirely in English. You can start in September and February. Read more about the Master's programme, pre-master's programme and admission. You can also find more information about career prospects. Read the testimonials of students and alumni or sign up for a Student for a day, accompanied by a Communication Studies student.
Design and solving communication problems In organizations
Across the globe, organizations rely on effective communication to be successful. This programme combines academic rigour and practical relevance to make you a fully-fledged communication expert.
Focus and disciplines
The Master's in Communication Studies gives you the theoretical grounding and practical know-how to tackle today's communication challenges. It focuses on the themes that matter most to communication professionals.
Research and specialization
The programme has close ties with the university's Communication Science research programme, with a special focus on the organizational context and the relationship between communication and technology (high-tech, human touch), all with a strong international flavour. The Master's programme has three specializations:
- Corporate Communication
- Marketing Communication
- Technical Communication
Why opt for Communication Studies at the University of Twente?
The programme is characterized by:
- a combination of academic rigour and practical relevance;
- a cross-disciplinary approach that tackles key subjects from various angles;
- a focus on the organizational context of communication;
- a focus on the application of new information and communication technology (ICT);
- a design-oriented approach to communication solutions;
- an international environment with students from different backgrounds;
- small-scale teaching and emphasis on personal development.
Read more about why Communication Studies at Twente.