Love computer games? Always dreamed of setting up your own business, developing and creating incredible experiences for players?
On this award-winning BSc (Hons) Computer Games Enterprise degree, you’ll learn how to make your dream a reality by getting the necessary knowledge and skills to start your own game-related business.
You'll also have the opportunity to develop the skills and expertise to work for an established games developer, all while accessing some of the most advanced gaming development facilities at any university in the country.
What you'll experience
On this degree you'll:
- Build skills in games development along with those required to set up your own business
- Tackle the challenges that come with starting your own enterprise, from funding and protecting your ideas to management and marketing
- Access top-tier games development resources including a Vicon optical motion capture suite, Sony Playstation console development kits, Wacom Cintiq lab, photography studio, 3D printers and more
- Get your hands on professional software including Unreal Engine, 3DS Max and Maya
- Develop games as a part of a multidisciplinary team, using your strengths either as a designer, artist, programmer, manager or producer
- Learn from guest lectures and industry speakers
- Get valuable experience and grow your network with the option to take a self-employed placement year
- Learn on a course that’s the Winner of TIGA (The Independent Games Association) Best Educational Institution Award 2014
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you get your business off the ground or find a job that puts your skills to work in the computer games industry.
Previous graduates have gone on to work at companies including:
- Black Rock
- Electronic Arts
- Kuju (Zoe Mode and Nik Nak Games)
- Pivotal Games
- Travellers Tales
You can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years after you leave the University as you advance in your career.