Our agriculture course balances applied science with practical knowledge. You'll learn the latest agricultural thinking. Our teaching team work on the most rapidly developing areas of research. We'll teach you about sustainable agriculture, agribusiness, and marketing.
Teaching is based at Sutton Bonington Campus which has a 450 hectare farm. You'll gain practical animal handling experience and use our Farm Demonstration Centre. The Centre for Dairy Science Innovation is also on-campus. These facilities offer the latest research technologies.
You'll develop your scientific knowledge and use our labs and fields to apply this in practice. Field trips to local farms help to put your learning into context through real life examples.
On this course you can:
- Grow, manage and market your own crop or manage a student sheep flock
- Get industry expertise from guest lectures and visits to commercial organisations
- See agricultural systems in operation
Throughout your degree you can choose from a range of additional options. You can apply to do these when you get here:
- Industry placement - you can add a year in industry between years two and three
- Study abroad - options include Australia, Canada, or Europe
- Computer Science year - use algorithms to analyse complex data and apply this to your course