This course is designed to offer both a general understanding of computer science as well as specialist skills in artificial intelligence and, through its optional module choice, also offers you the opportunity to study computer science in the context of robotic systems.
In addition to fundamental computer science classes and laboratories, the course covers topics including expert systems, intelligent agents, the history and philosophy of artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, neural networks, heuristic optimisation and other intelligent systems.
If you choose introductory and advanced robotic options, you will be able to experiment with mobile robots in both group and individual projects.
- The School of Computer Science is ranked 8th in the UK for research quality.
- Our courses are taught by people carrying out world-class research, whose interests cover all aspects of computer science.
- We provide high-quality teaching and a well-equipped and supportive learning environment.
- You will develop self- and group-management skills through the course project works, which will be invaluable in the workplace.
- You will have the opportunity to spend last two years of your study at the University of Nottingham, UK.