The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be AACSB-Accredited.
Why not find out how an MSc from an AACSB Accredited Management School can help you to start a career in business and management, or further explore your management discipline, by coming along to our event on Thursday 7th March, 4 - 6.30pm. The MSc e-Business Strategy and Systems programme has been designed by one of the UK’s leading research groups in e-Business and operations and supply chain management. The programme is managed and delivered by the Marketing and Operations Group, which has an excellent record in research and industrial collaboration at regional, national and international level.
The programme aims to provide training at a postgraduate level in the theories, development and implementation of e-business and e-commerce strategies integrated within an understanding of enterprise strategic and operational requirements.
The programme aims to satisfy the growing demand by the industry and business communities for highly skilled managers with a sound strategic and practical understanding of the opportunities and challenges that the new and emerging information and communication technologies offer.
The objective of the programme is to jointly prepare tomorrow’s industrialists and business executives with unique exposure to current business standards, challenges and developments in enterprise-based systems management. This will be further demonstrated through case study based workshops and practical application developments using world leading SAP software. Topics will include strategic issues associated with system selection, operational issues such as supply chain management-SCM, support and training issues such as Human Resources Management-HRM and technical issues, such as systems/applications development.
As a leading university in its field, the Management School has selected to partner with SAP to support its teaching programmes. The Management School was one of the first universities to join the SAP UK Universities Alliance Programme and is currently a steering group member for the SAP UK Alliance Programme. The Management School delivers highly successful SAP Certification Courses for its students on the e-Business and Operations & Supply Chain Management programmes. Students on the programme are offered the opportunity to obtain the highly regarded SAP TERP10 certification. To date, students on the programme have achieved amongst the highest pass rates for SAP Certification.
To achieve this, the programme structure and delivery was developed to provide students with a wide range of skills and options for extending their knowledge in this area, such as:
- An understanding of the impact of the internet and e-business on various industry sectors. The emerging corporate ICT strategic needs and how these needs are assessed in view of the new e-business opportunities.
- Formulating and developing an integrated corporate e-business strategy. Understanding and selecting e-business enabling technologies. Assessing strategic e-business models. Planning and evaluating resource implications of new e-business strategies.
- Understanding e-market places, exchanges and developing e-procurement strategies. Developing internet, intranet and extranet policies. Awareness of national and international e-business, e-commerce initiatives.
- Skills in web based programming, web based information management and retrieval. Practical applications of web authoring and scripting tools, as well as database integration.
- Obtaining skills in the use of enterprise resources planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP
- Analysis of business needs and developing e-business and e-commerce system specifications. The design and implementation of secure robust e-business systems.
- e-business system methodologies and packages. The selection and configuration of enterprise based tools. Understanding and assessing Internet security policies.
Through its unique placement in the Management School, the programme also offers students the opportunity to develop operations management skills through access to a range of elective modules from other programmes and divisions in the School. The following is an example of the learning experience a student can gain:
- The development of robust supply chain management solutions, supply chain planning and control models. The development and assessment of information systems for supply chain control.
- International business and developing competitive strategies for business enterprises.
- The analysis and representation of business models and utilising modelling and simulation tools for the optimisation of business performance.
- Understanding contemporary management practice and current management drivers and the emergence of new agility paradigm. Developing strategic management and business economics policies.
- The application of advanced tools and techniques associated with managing quality in the manufacturing and service industries. Improvement methodologies and ISO9000:2000. Applying Taguchi methods and advanced quality planning.
The programme also offers an opportunity for students to apply their newly acquired knowledge in this subject area through the main project which could be research based or industry linked. Since the start of the programme over 70% of our students have been involved in industrial related projects offering an opportunity for them to be directly exposed to contemporary e-business practices.