The International Business Division within Leeds University Business School are interested in receiving proposals in the following areas of research:
- The Global Factory in the World Economy - tests of the conceptual structure.
- Foreign direct investment in China - strategies and impact.
- Foreign direct investment in India - opportunities and constraints
- Testing international business theory to explain patterns of outward foreign direct investment from emerging countries.
- The internationalisation of developing country firms, especially Chinese and Indian multinational enterprises (MNEs).
- Issues of economic development and the role of the private sector in reducing poverty.
- The impact of home country incentives on the internationalisation of firms and the mediating role of institutions on international business activity.
- International mergers and acquisitions
- The role of R&D internationalisation in explaining performance outcomes.
- The determinants of innovation performance in developing economies.
- Open innovation in the global economy: Exploiting the scientific knowledge of others.
- The role of technology and R&D management practices in enhancing performance.
- The protection and management of intellectual property and other intangible assets across national borders.
- The impact of climate change on international business strategies.
- The role of international business and sustainable development.
- Geographic areas of interest: European Union, Central and Eastern Europe, the BRICs (Brazil, Russia and China) and other emerging markets.
- Supranational organisations, country alliances and international trade and investment.
PhD and Research Degrees at the Business School
Research Degree Entry Requirements
How to Apply
Division and research centre further reading:
Leeds University Business School International Business Division
Centre for International Business (CIBUL)
Research Degree Admissions
Leeds University Business School
Maurice Keyworth Building
University of Leeds
Telephone: +44 (0) 113 343 4596