Industrial engineering is still as ubiquitous today as it ever has been. Every product that you can buy has been manufactured at some point and an industrial engineer has played a major role in its realisation. From the bread in the supermarket to supersonic jets, industrial engineers ensure that all the necessary processes and components are in place for a product to be able to be made on time and on budget.
On this programme, you will learn about operational analysis, process engineering, design, and manufacturing techniques and practices, with a particular focus on high-value manufacturing. You will also use our 3000m² of specialist and integrated engineering laboratories that encompass many subject disciplines to learn how businesses operate and function and understand how industrial processes need to meet financial and business challenges as much as engineering ones.Career development
Nearly 50% of the top 250 Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) companies have a CEO who studied for an engineering degree. The skills you will learn in this degree course set you on the road to leadership.Accreditation
This degree programme is three years long in full-time mode. It is strongly anticipated that this programme will be accredited as:
- Fully satisfying the educational base for an Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
- Partially satisfying the educational base for a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
A programme of accredited Further Learning will be required to complete the educational base for CEng. Please see the MEng programmes if you are looking for CEng status without further academic study.Outcomes
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills relevant to a career with current and future industry design and manufacturing technologies, methods and standards
- To support you in understanding the innovative and pioneering approaches in this field and apply them to the solution of real-world problems to develop new industrially-relevant solutions
- To help you acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of professional roles within engineering, industry, management, and associated specialist fields.