Based at our Greenwich Campus and situated within minutes of the financial centre of Canary Wharf, this programme provides rigorous coverage of finance and investment.
You should consider this programme if you are either working in or targeting a career in banking, investment or trading. It is particularly suitable if you wish to undertake a professional qualification and have a business, economics or numerate background.
The syllabus covers all key theoretical areas of finance and investment analysis. It also focuses strongly on developing analytical skills needed by the finance industry. The research project, which focuses on data analysis of financial markets, provides a key practical underpinning for the large body of theory covered.
The degree will help you prepare for Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examinations. The prestigious CFA qualification is considered gold standard for competency and integrity for investment professionals. This is recognised in key financial centres such as London, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore.
We will encourage you to join the Trading and Investment Society and take part in competitions such as the UK Trading Challenge.
You will be taught by academic staff with recent practitioner experience as well as strong research interests in finance.
Our accounting and finance subjectsare ranked:
- 3rd in London for course satisfaction by the Guardian University Guide 2016
- 3rd in London for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017.
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop your understanding of financial theory, portfolio management along with practical knowledge in the investment industry
- To develop your reflective, critical and evaluative thinking and judgement. You will be exposed to contemporary issues in the field through teaching that is strongly supported by research and professional practice
- To develop your ability to analyse, synthesise and evaluate key theoretical concepts and practical applications in finance and investment.
Accounting & Finance
We offer professional qualifications in accountancy, financial services or insurance and give students the chance to combine industry expertise with practical business skills.
- Download transcript
- More videos