This course will be taught online.
Application Deadlines: March 9 and April 7, 2022. Rolling admissions through May 1 or until course fills.
The Summer Institute in Social Research Methods provides undergraduate and early-career graduate students with accelerated training in theoretically-grounded research methodologies commonly used in social scientific analysis. The Summer Institute is appropriate for students interested in using social scientific research methods in academic and non-academic applications.
Students admitted to any of the SISRM courses may participate in the program’s co-curricular programming and guest speaker series. The course included in the SISRM this year are:
- Archival Methods and Historical Thinking
- Computing for Social Sciences
- Introduction to GIS and Spatial Analysis
- Introductory Statistical Methods and Applications for the Social Sciences
- Psychological Research Methods
- Virtual Ethnographic Research Methods
- Survey Data Analysis
There is no special application for the SISRM. Interested students should simply apply for at least one of the courses listed above.
To apply, visit summer.uchicago.edu
For more information on the Summer Institute in Social Research Methods, visit voices.uchicago.edu/socscisummermethods/