This programme is expected to be offered to at least the SPM holder with the opportunities to be trained to become semi-professional in marine industry, to establish their own self and the industry, hence to the economic growth as a whole.
Apart from engineering technology subjects, the programme also offer skills in technopreneur, design innovation and project. This is to ensure that they are good technical workers with high skills, creative, innovative and be able to manage, operate and maintain any systems related to marine industries.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are:
- PEO 1
knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry;
- PEO 2
effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry;
- PEO 3
committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement;
- PEO 4
practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility; and
- PEO 5
capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in Electrical and Electronics (Marine) will be able to:
- PLO 1
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices.
- PLO 2
Analyze well-defined engineering problems.
- PLO 3
Formulate solutions for well-defined technical problems.
- PLO 4
Conduct investigations of well-defined problems.
- PLO 5
Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- PLO 6
Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- PLO 7
Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- PLO 8
Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- PLO 9
Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- PLO 10
Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- PLO 11
Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices, and entrepreneurship.
- PLO 12
Recognize the need for, professional development and to engage in independent and life-long learning.
- PLO 13
Assist in the formulation of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs
Graduates from this programme will have the opportunity to expand their career in various fields such as:
- Marine Electronics Technician
- Maintenance Electrician
- Deck Electrician (Marine)
- Oceanography Electronics Technician
- Fundamentals of Electrical and Electronics Laboratory
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronics
- Introduction to Ship Technology
- Occupational Safety and Health in Industries and Shipyard Operations
- Engineering Science
- Competency English
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Pengajian Malaysia 2/ Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1** Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 : For International Student
- Electric Circuits
- Analogue Electronics
- Electrical Workshop Practice
- Mandarin 1/Arabic Language 1
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Interpersonal Skills
- Electrical Power and Distribution
- Electronic Workshop Practice
- Introduction to Programming
- Automation System
- Digital Electronics
- Amalan Islam di Malaysia/ Religious Practices Malaysia*
- Communication English 1 * Religious Practice in Malaysia : For International and Local Non-Muslim Student
- Electrical CAD
- Shipboard Electrical Installation and Auxiliary Equipment
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Electronic Communication System
- Principles of Management
- Co-Curiculum 1
- Maritime Communication English
- Mandarin 2 / Arabic Language 2
- Navigation Equipment and System
- Microprocessor Based System
- Power Electronics and Devices
- Final Year Project
- Industrial Training