Bachelor of Technology Management (Hons) is a 3 year programme that focuses on the application of management skills and proper use of technology to generate wealth especially in Malaysia. This programme is offered to fulfil both the present and future industry needs as follows:
- Efficient management of industry which requires managers that have the knowledge and skills in technology management.
- This programme will address the shortage of middle managers which are in demand by industry.
Graduates in this field have a wide variety of employment opportunities as:
- An Executive
- A Supervisory positions in technical areas
- A Manager
In the following sector:
- Administrative services
- Industrial production and manufacturing
- Medical and health services
- Construction management
- Hospitality management
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
The students of this programme can expect:
- To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative in management and technology, which will contribute towards the human capital in technology related industry.
- To produce graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills with effective interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- To produce graduates who are committed to the pursuance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- To produce graduates with ethics and social responsibility.
- To produce graduates capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs):
At the end of the programme, graduates must be able to:
- Apply knowledge of management and technology to the defined and applied procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and solve management and technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using appropriate analytical tools.
- Apply solutions for management and technology problems and identify appropriate design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of management and technology problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature to provide valid conclusion.
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern technological and management tools, including prediction and modelling to business problems.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively on management and technology activities with the practitioner community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of management and technology practice.
- Recognize and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of management and technology practice.
- Provide explanations on the impact of management and technology solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and the need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
- Hubungan Etnik or Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Isu-Isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia or Culture and Lifestyle In Malaysia
- Fundamental English
- Business Management
- Business Mathematics
- Information Technology
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2
- Manufacturing Technology
- Workshop Technology
- Principles of Economics
- Production and Operations Management
- Management Information System
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Financial and Cost Accounting
- Professional English 1
- Business Law
- Mandarin 1
- Technology Management
- Management Science
- Organizational Behaviour
- Mandarin 2
- Professional English 2
- Final Year Project 1 (FYP1)
- Elective 1
- Visual Management System
- Database Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Innovation Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Final Year Project 2 (FYP2)
- Elective 2
- Industrial Training