The MLIS program prepares professionals to exercise creativity, integrity and leadership in designing, implementing and promoting programs and systems for the creation, organization, management, preservation and effective use of information and collections. Graduates of the MLIS program go on to careers as librarians, information managers, researchers, analysts, interaction designers, web content specialists, and more.
The MLIS degree program offers a wide range of courses and is highly customizable based on specific student interests. Areas of particular focus include the following:
- Information sources and services
- Digital resource management
- Human-information interaction
- Information analysis and management
- Services and management of information organizations
- Youth services and literature