This programme aims to prepare our students to become outstanding primary school teachers who:
- have positive professional attitude;
- have sound academic knowledge and broad-based professional knowledge and skills;
- have lifelong learning skills and are able to appreciate moral, social and cultural values;
- can work collaboratively with students, parents, colleagues, school administrators and other professionals; and
- understand education issues of Hong Kong and react positively to educational innovations.
On completion of the programme, General Studies students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate a solid understanding and command of the core concepts and methods of enquiry in social sciences, science and technology;
- show a broad understanding of the diverse social and cultural contexts in the local, national and global communities;
- demonstrate a thorough understanding of interdisciplinary concepts and approaches in curriculum integration and display competence in interdisciplinary studies and thinking;
- apply critical and creative thinking and problem solving abilities to deal with social, science, environmental and health-related issues;
- display positive attitude towards the acceptance of diversity and multiplicity; and
- demonstrate the pedagogical literacy and competency required for the development and implementation of curriculum.
On completion of the programme, Mathematics students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of mathematical concepts and competence in explaining them clearly to school pupils;
- plan and implement appropriate learning, teaching and assessment strategies to cater for the pupils' individual differences in learning mathematics;
- adopt appropriate strategies to arouse pupils' interest in learning mathematics;
- enrich and apply critical and logical thinking skills in teaching and real-life settings; and
- use information technologies and appropriate software to enhance learning and teaching of mathematics.