The BA (Hons) Global Management with pathways degree is carefully structured to offer you an integrated and holistic approach to management studies. It builds your skills across five complementary areas of business practice, after which you follow a specialist pathway.
The Global Business & Sustainability Management pathway aims to help you become a knowledgeable and socially and environmentally responsible business leader.
With learning drawn from many different disciplines, you will develop the skills to research issues and respond to opportunities in ways that balance business interests with wider social and resource implications.
Why should I choose this programme?
The integration of business objectives with wider social and environmental well-being is a key function of contemporary management.
This pathway offers a forward-thinking learning experience which reveals the importance of sustainability to all sectors of global business.
Undertaking this pathway will help you to become a more responsible citizen and improve your ability to influence others as a role-model manager, steering businesses toward constructive change.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- Analytical and critical skills
- Influencing skills
- The ability to apply sustainability as a strategy, for long-term environmental and social impact as well as to promote competitive advantage for business
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills
- Government-sector employment both ‘local’ and international, including consultancy on issues of sustainability and environmental policies, and in specific fields of expertise such as climate change, renewable resources and the impact of ‘green’ technologies
- Private-sector employment in areas such as corporate social responsibility, sustainable and responsible governance, micro-financing, environmental and social planning and entrepreneurial venture
- Consultancy roles within technology and innovation-focused industrial sectors addressing areas of sustainability
- Small and medium enterprises that focus on sustainability as a means of innovation
- Entrepreneur or consultant, particularly in the growing fields of social enterprise and ‘eco-preneurship’