Australian Migration Law and Practice, Murdoch University

Murdoch University Australia

Cricos: 00125J

For more information about Australian Migration Law and Practice at Murdoch University, please visit the webpage using the button above.

The award

How long you will study
find out

Domestic course fees
find out

How you will study

Course starts
find out

International course fees
find out

All study options

About Australian Migration Law and Practice at Murdoch University

Learn how to provide help to people wanting to migrate to Australia, including advising clients on their visa options, preparing visa applications, visa compliance, and reviewing decisions to refuse or cancel visas.

You'll explore Australian migration law, relevant legislation and policy, ethics and migration practice.

If you're a legal practitioner, completing units in the course could meet your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements. If you're entering the legal profession, you'll get a strong foundation in this specialised, dynamic and complex area of law.

When you graduate, you'll need to apply to the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) for registration as a migration agent. This involves passing a separate exam and meeting other registration requirements. To become a migration agent in Australia, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Please refer to the MARA website for more details.

Study options for this course

  • The award How you will study How long you will study Course starts Domestic course fees International course fees
  • The awardGradDipHow you will studyFull-timeHow long you will study find out
    Course starts find outDomestic course fees find outInternational course fees find out

Notes about fees for this course

To find out what your course fees would be, please use the tuition fee calculator.

Entry requirements

Minimum English Requirements

For admission into Murdoch you must be able to provide evidence of competency in the English language. This is usually achieved through one of the following:

  • A scaled score of 50% or more in ATAR English, English Literature or English as a Second Language (or interstate equivalent).
  • An Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall score of 6.0 (with no band below 6.0) or equivalent scores for the Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, TOEFL iBT or the Occupational English Test (OET).
  • Successful completion of a University enabling course (e.g. OnTrack, FlexiTrack).
  • A score of 140 or more in the Written English component of the STAT test
  • Successful completion of either a Diploma (AQF Level 5 or higher) OR two University-level units (AQF Level 7 or higher).

Related Information

See other universities in Perth

Find out more about studying in Australia

Join Our Newsletter


Sign up to today for free and be the first to hear about any new study abroad opportunities

Subscribe Now