Established in 1922, Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) provides studies and research in all areas answering the demands of today’s ever-changing world. Ranked the 1st in Lithuania by alumni employability and student satisfaction, KTU is among the top 500 world universities by employer reputation criteria (QS World University Rankings 2019).
Sustaining extensive links with business and industry, KTU is one of the most open and flexible universities in Lithuania, engaging in joint projects with the largest local companies, international corporations, and state and cultural institutions. The synergy of the physical, social, and technological sciences and the humanities and arts creates an open, exciting, and fertile environment for the development of competencies that are of crucial importance today.
KTU enhances its international visibility by participating in international research collaborations, by establishing international study programmes, by collaborating with international partners in creating joint study programmes, and by encouraging the participation in international exchange among student and academic communities. Currently, international students can choose between 37 undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and 19 Doctoral programmes in English in the field of Technological, Physical, Biomedical and Social Sciences, Humanities and Creative Arts & Design.
Top reasons to study at KTU
- Sustaining research and education traditions in Lithuania since 1922
- Frontier and applied research in all areas: from humanities to technological sciences
- Innovations for business and industry at national and international level
- Campus priorities - interdisciplinarity, internationality, and applicability of technologies - are integrated into all aspects of university life
- Founder of two integrated sciences, studies and business centres-valleys - Santaka and Nemunas, which state-of-the-art facilities are available for science, studies and commercial purposes
- Founder of the first academic startup community in Lithuania - 75 successful startup companies established since 2012
- International students comprise 9 per cent, and the numbers of international faculty are constantly increasing. Studies abroad are facilitated by >350 Erasmus+ and bilateral agreements with the universities across the globe