The Accounting and Finance Section at Cardiff Business School has an established and expanding worldwide reputation for conducting high quality theoretical and empirical research in accounting and finance and related fields.
We offer a full range of expertise, but the following areas are of particular strength:
- Interdisciplinary perspectives on accounting
- Management accounting and control
- Historical development of accounting
- Financial reporting and business communication
- Professions and Professionalisation
- Accounting, auditing and finance in emerging economies, especially china
- Public sector accounting
- Asset pricing
- Corporate finance
- Empirical finance
- Financial econometrics
- International finance
- Corporate governance.
We enable students to:
- Gain advanced knowledge of the theoretical and empirical research methods in accounting and finance
- Acquire in-depth training to conduct accounting and finance research at the highest international quality
- Develop critical and analytical skills, which are not only useful for further academic work, but are also attractive to consultancy firms and financial institutions.