Become a supply chain manager of the future and learn from academics at the forefront of their field.
Supply chain managers are at the cutting edge of innovation, employing the latest technologies including artificial intelligence, block chain, big data analytics and automation to deliver their products and services effectively and efficiently.
The underside of such innovation is not nearly as progressive. Fierce competition within supply chains means that prices are driven down through outsourcing and subcontracting. In this race to the bottom, sustainability and ethics are often afterthoughts.
The business of changing the world is ours.
Our MSc in Sustainable Supply Chain Management has a unique focus on sustainability and ethical trading. We’ll help you become a professional capable of making decisions that consider the full range of economic, social and environmental impacts of supply chains.
Our experts will draw on academic and consultancy expertise to prepare you for global career opportunities, introducing you to all aspects of supply chain management, including procurement, supply and distribution of products. They’ll use internationally recognised research to give you a critical insight into cross-cutting issues such as the impact of technology, emergency and humanitarian operations, and environmental performance and responsibility.
- Sustainability is embedded as a core part of the course, which is distinctive from many supply chain programmes elsewhere.
- With a variety of options, there are opportunities to specialise in subject areas that are of particular relevance and interest to you.
- You will be taught by leading academics in the field of sustainable supply chain management with an emphasis on independent learning in a research-led environment.
- You will have the chance to acquire high-quality practical skills and to develop innovative ideas.
- Our connections with policy and practice gives you the opportunity to translate your academic learning into a practical environment.
- You will be part of a community at Cardiff Business School which is committed to delivering social and environmental improvement alongside economic development in the world’s first Public Value Business School.
- You will study at a Business School ranked 1st in the UK for research environment and 6th for research excellence (REF 2014), and the only business school in Wales accredited by AACSB International. The Business School is also a member of the United Nations’ Principles of Responsible Management Education initiative.