The Master of Theology is designed to prepare graduates for ministry within church, academic and community settings. Graduates of the MTh will have an advanced knowledge of theological studies, including a working knowledge of recent developments and approaches in the area of their discipline specialisation.
Graduates of the MTh will demonstrate the following outcomes:
- advanced and integrated understanding of theological studies specific to their discipline
- understanding of general research principles and methods, and advanced knowledge of specific research approaches used in the selected disciplinary field
- communicate effectively complex ideas and proposed solutions to peers and general audiences
- critically evaluate new developments of research and scholarship in the selected disciplinary field
- articulate new questions or issues and apply the knowledge and skills developed within the selected disciplinary field to develop appropriate solutions
- design and implement a major research project in the selected disciplinary field
Who Is It For?
The MTh award is ideal for:
- graduates of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in theology, ministry or equivalent who wish to undertake deeper theological reflection
- those seek a postgraduate award in which they can undertaken advanced research of complex issues
- those who seek a pathway into doctoral studies and an academic career
- Full Time: 1.5 years
- Part-time: Up to 7 years
2015 fee information for this course can be found ont he Higher Ed Indicative Fee Schedule.
The course consists of 120 credit points comprising:
- one research methods unit: 20 credit points (Core)
- two 20 credit point subjects, at 600 level,to be taken from the area of specialisation (Major);
- 20 credit points, at 500 level or above, to be taken from a discipline outside the specialisation(Elective Subjects)
- one 40 credit point research project (20,000 words) in area of discipline (Core)
With an exciting vision to train professionally competent scholars, leaders and managers in a wide range of careers, the Alphacrucis College MTh provides a unique opportunity to engage in cutting edge research and critical exploration of contemporary issues. Developing specialised skills in fields such as Theology, Biblical Studies and Christian History, students will be trained to communicate complex ideas and propose solutions to a wide audience, as well as design and implement an advanced research thesis. Students also have a selection of electives, which range from Ancient Languages to Marketing, to add to their learning experience.
Graduates of the MTh will have advanced knowledge of theological studies, including recent developments and approaches in the area of their discipline specialisation. They will demonstrate knowledge and skills in research using methodologies applicable to their discipline. The advanced research thesis provides the opportunity for students to synthesise what they have learned by engaging a particular issue in their area of specialisation. The MTh also provides a pathway into doctorate level studies.
With internationally acclaimed lecturers who bring not only academic expertise but practical experience into the classroom, the Alphacrucis College MTh will provide an educational experience of holistic formation which prepares students to change the world.
Dr Adam White
Frequently Asked Questions.
Download a course information flyer here.
Apply online here.