“In almost any industry, running a business with a triple bottom line; a focus on people, the planet and profit, has inherent financial benefits (Forbes, 2017)”.
The SQA Advanced Diploma in Business and AAS College provide learners with a progression route into employment. The Advanced Diploma covers the main aspects of international business including management, human resources, economics and administration. It will equip students with an awareness of key issues and practices within a changing business environment.
There is a growing demand for businesses to demonstrate corporate social responsibility. Business management strategies that affect profit and society are achieving successful and sustainable results.
The SQA Advanced Diploma in Business has a range of aims relating to academic and vocational progression. These are to:
- Develop suitable competencies to enter a range of administrative, commercial or managerial positions.
- Develop student competencies to support their career aspirations.
- Prepare students for progression to degree courses delivered by universities.
- Develop skills for independent, lifelong learning.
- Develop and enhance transferable skills for employability and Core Skills.
- Develop and enhance transferable skills in planning, organizing, critical and evaluative thinking and enable the candidate to investigate business issues and problems in depth.
- Develop intrapersonal and interpersonal skills relevant to a range of administrative, commercial or managerial positions in business organizations.
- Develop communication and presentation skills.
- Adopt an innovative and creative approach and be able to respond quickly to challenges posed by changes in the business environment.
- Develop the ability to work flexibly and co-operatively with others.
Lectures, Tutorials, Study packs, Problem-based scenarios, Case studies, Group/team work, Online materials, IT based teaching materials, Projects, Quizzes, Research and presentation, of findings to fellow students, Role play, Short-response questions, multiple choice questions, Create questions for other students (with answers), etc.Employability
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates can start their own businesses or develop careers in a wide variety of business sector.
Graduating with this Diploma will enable to pursue a career path in:
- Business enterprise
- Sales and marketing
- Business development
- Small business consultation
- Product development
DIPLOMA TO DEGREE - A Pathway to University and Further Study
SQA Advanced Qualifications do not just qualify for career development they can also enable advanced entry into many undergraduate degree programmes in universities and Higher Education Institutions across the world.
Learners can study in their own country before progressing onto universities in their own country, region or abroad to complete a degree, entering directly into third year. This option can be a cost effective route to studying abroad and achieving a degree at an international Higher Education Institution.
We make this journey as smooth as possible through our Diploma to Degree programme. SQA has collaborated and set up articulation agreements with a number of highly regarded international institutions in countries such as the UK, USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand covering various progression models including online delivery.
These institutions recognise the SQA Advanced Diploma for advanced entry and provide students with a quality learning experience.
Programme at a glance
SQA Advanced Diplomas are made up of 240 SCQF credit points, at SCQF level 8, and usually take two years to complete
- Business Accounting
- Business Law: An Introduction
- Communication: Business Communication
- Creating a Culture of Customer Care
- Economic Issues: An Introduction
- Economics 1: Micro and Macro Theory and Application
- Human Resource Management: Introduction
- Information Technology: Applications Software 1
- IT in Business: Spreadsheets
- Managing People and Organizations
- Marketing: An Introduction
- Personal Development Planning
- Business: Graded Unit 1
- Behavioural Skills for Business
- Business Contractual Relationships
- Business Culture and Strategy
- Economics 2: The World Economy
- Information and Communication Technology in Business
- International Marketing: An Introduction
- Preparing Financial Forecasts
- Presentation Skills
- Statistics for Business
- Continuous Workforce Development
- Business: Graded Unit 2