WHY FINANCE AND BANKING STUDY PROGRAMME AT VILNIUS UNIVERSITY?
- This programme is among the most popular Master programmes among the applicants.
- The graduates of the programme are prepared as highly qualified finance specialists who are able to perform analytical and managerial work in financial institutions and financial units of other organizations.
- The programme brings theory into practice and helps successfully prepare to receive the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation.
- Has a possibility of a double degree from the University of Siena.
The principal objectives of the programme are as follows:
- Critically evaluate economic and financial theories and research methods, to provide sufficient knowledgeneeded for analysis of financial problems at a macroeconomic level and to make based decisions at thehighest financial management level;
- Introduce to the role, development, aims and objectives of international financial institutions and financialmarkets in global;
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge needed for improvement of budgetary system and taxationpolicy in the face of national and global economic changes;
- Provide scientific and methodical knowledge needed for independent organization’s financial analysis andfinancial risks’ assessment and management, while taking into account macro and micro environmentalchanges.
- Introduce to the main topics of CFA Institute material and to prepare students for CFA exams.
Students can participate in ERASMUS+ mobility programme or use VU’s Bilateral cooperation agreements which give an opportunity to study at VU’s Partner Universities or do internship abroad.
The world's largest financial institutions, such as Western Union, AIG, the NASDAQ and many others one after another open their offices in Lithuania. Finance and Banking program graduates after successful completion of their studies in English have a competitive advantage in developing their careers as analyst and executive at the ministry of finance and other governmental institutions, tax and finance specialist at enterprises, organisations, finance and public institutions etc.