- Warwick’s School of Modern Languages and Cultures comprises excellent academic specialisms (French, German, Hispanic and Italian Studies) and the Language Centre (whose offerings also include Arabic, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin and Portuguese), leading to a powerful combination of languages, research interests and degree courses.
- The constituent academic subjects have consistently ranked among the very best in the UK in national and international league tables and are well known for their excellent scores in terms of student satisfaction.
- Modules and degree courses are under constant review, ensuring that they are fresh, effective and challenging. Some courses are open to students who are beginners or intermediate in a language.
- You will have access to outstanding facilities, including:
– the University Language Centre, where there are opportunities to take extra language courses in addition to your main course of study (additional fees apply);
– the Transnational Resources Centre (TRC), giving you exclusive access to over 3,000 DVDs in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese plus multimedia facilities, satellite television with integrated off-air recording facilities, video-editing software (with technical support), and DVD projection equipment.
- Part of your course will be taught by the Centre for Applied Linguistics, where you'll learn from world-leading experts in Applied Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Pragmatics and Intercultural Communication.