Study options for this course
University DiplomaOnline1 year
January, May, SeptemberGBP 2370 per totalGBP 2370 per total
You will need one of the following:
- Level 4 qualification (e.g. HE Certificate) in hospitality or relevant subject e.g. tourism, business or management, plus a minimum of 1 year (full time equivalent) of relevant industry experience
- Level 5 qualification in a non-relevant subject area and experience in the hospitality industry for 2 or more years (full-time equivalent)
- Applicants who possess a relevant level 3 qualification will be considered if a proof of professional experience in the hospitality industry for more than two years (full-time equivalent) is included in application.
If you do not meet the entry criteria above, we may be able to consider relevant professional experience within the hospitality sector but this would be assessed by our admissions team on an individual basis.
If English is not your first language and you studied your previous qualification(s) in a language other than English, you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0*
- TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 4 for undergraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Location of University of Derby Online Learning
University of Derby Online Learning main campus is shown on the map below:
Explore University of Derby Online Learning
Click the following videos and images to expand or play