Our one-year Master's programme (MSc.) in Business Administration is an internationally oriented programme and is taught entirely in English. You can start both the Master's programme and, as far as necessary, your personalized pre-Master's programme, in September or February. Read more about the Master's programme, our double degree options, the pre-Master's programme and admission. You can also find more information about career prospects.
Focus and specializations
During the Master of Science programme in Business Administration, you will learn how to help organizations improve their business and solve complex problems. You will work on these solutions in a challenging, high-tech environment by combining state-of-the-art theory with practical application. Our Business Administration programme offers the following five specialization tracks (with diploma mentioning):
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Strategy
- Strategic Marketing & Business Information
- Human Resource Management
- Purchasing & Supply Management
- Financial Management
If you are eager to deepen your knowledge and extend your expertise, we offer double diploma programmes with our partners in Berlin and Lappeenranta (Finland). You can also strengthen your profile by choosing the fourth elective in the field of Change Management.
Why study Business Administration at the University of Twente?
Our combination of academic rigour and practical relevance, our cross-disciplinary perspective and the business context focus are important characteristics of the Business Administration programme at the UT. In Twente you will get the best of both worlds: highly relevant core knowledge across the broad spectrum of the business world and focused expertise in your chosen profile.
Are you interested in working on complex business problems in a challenging, innovative and technical environment? Then, the multidisciplinary, highly entrepreneurial and internationally oriented Master's programme in Business Administration at the University of Twente (UT) might be perfect for you! High Tech Human Touch!
What will you learn?
As a graduate of the MSc Business Administration programme at the University of Twente, you will be an entrepreneurial, academically trained and globally oriented middle(-level) management specialist. You will be competent in independently conducting multidisciplinary research, designing complex innovative business solutions and organizing management and change processes in 'high tech human touch' contexts. You will be specialized in one of our five specialization tracks.
The programme is characterized by:
- A wide choice of electives offered by our renowned Twente Business Administration departments and chairs, providing unrivalled flexibility and opportunities for in-depth specialization;
- A low teacher-student ratio, facilitating tailored feedback and encouraging you in your personal development;
- The combination of academic rigour and practical relevance;
- Ample opportunity within graduation projects for conducting research in organizations;
- A focus on the international context of global business;
- Manageable study load: the programme is divided into semesters (quarters) and combines lectures & tutorials;
- A design approach to devising business solutions;
- Cross-disciplinary perspective that approaches topics from various academic angles;
- International orientation and students from different backgrounds;
- A wonderful green campus that provides an ideal study environment;
- A Master of Science (MSc) degree (please check for yourself whether you aim to obtain an MSc BA or an MBA degree).