If you're keen to take your career in sport further, getting a Master's qualification in Sport Management can add valuable expertise and skills to your portfolio that will help you lead, plan and deliver results in the industry.
On this MSc Sport Management degree course, you'll learn the theory and practice of sport management and build on your knowledge and understanding of sports science. You'll develop your leadership skills from a sport management context too.
And once you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need for a career in sport management and associated health and fitness industries.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Develop skills in people management and leadership
- Study topics such as the Sports Business Industry, and The Principles, Practice and Governance in Management
- Carry out research investigating issues within the sport management sector
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
- Have the chance to study and take part in research related to internationally recognised sports organisations such as UEFA, the RFL and the ECB
- Boost your CV and share your sporting skill in the local community through our coaching and volunteering scheme
- Experience teaching driven by current practice and taught by lecturers who have delivered sport management programmes in the community
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the sport management industry.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
What you'll study on this MSc Sport Management degree course
Core modules currently include:
- Global Sport Event Management
- Managing Human Resources in Sport
- MSc Research Development nad Practice
- Principles, Practice and Governance in Sports Management
- Strategic Leadership in Sport
Teaching on this course includes:
- industry-based experience
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- industry reports
- reflective accounts
- professional presentations
- projects and portfolios
You'll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Careers and opportunities
It's estimated that the global sports industry is worth over £110 billion, and it's growing. When you graduate, you'll be qualified for a career in areas such as teaching, sports development, and the health and fitness sectors.
What can you do with a Sport Management degree?
Our previous graduates have gone on to work for organisations including:
- National governing bodies
- Sports agencies
- Local authorities
- UK Sport
- Primary care trusts
- County Sports Partnership
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.