Are you looking to start a career in HR in this exciting, challenging and influential area of business? If so, our MSc Human Resource Management (HRM) Master's degree prepares graduates from any background for success in Human Resource Management, anywhere in the world.
You'll develop your existing HR skills and knowledge, and grow your leadership and management skills. You'll put the theory you learn into practice, and when you graduate, you'll have met the requirements for CIPD HR Professional Map at Advanced Level 7.
What's more, your MSc can help you move up the ladder in your current workplace, and open doors to exciting new roles elsewhere. And you'll have transferrable skills too, so you can explore careers in recruitment or business development.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Get to grips with the key themes in HR management, covering leadership and management skills, talent management, and employment relationships
- Have the opportunity to undertake a work placement in an HR environment, where you'll get valuable experience and put theory into practice
- Learn through lectures, case studies, group work and skills development workshops, where you'll contribute to managerial and HR-based activities
- Benefit from our flexible approach to learning, with web, email and phone access to many of our facilities
- Engage with HRM specialists and legal professionals
Careers and opportunities
Each module on this course is worth a certain number of credits.
As a Masters student you will need to study modules worth a total of 180 credits. For example, 4 modules worth 30 credits and 1 module worth 60 credits.
We're currently in the process of updating our course content and curriculum in line with the revised Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development professional standards. As such course content and subject areas given here are for the current course and give an indication of the areas to be studied.