If you love finding trends, patterns and valuable information hidden inside complicated data sets, our MSc Data Analytics degree course will help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
On this course, you'll develop your technological and technical abilities, and take your previous studies and experience to postgraduate level. You'll master data mining tools, unlock specialist knowledge, and apply both to analyse real data from our research in cosmology, health informatics and cybersecurity.
You'll plan and produce an in-depth research project too, and we'll provide the expertise and support so you can develop your professional practice. And once you graduate, you'll have a skillset that'll get you noticed – and all the tools you need for a career in data analytics or deep learning.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Apply your skills to real-life practical problems with real-world data sets
- Enhance your existing knowledge by developing solutions that use our supercomputers and networked computer clusters
- Learn about advanced data management, applied data analytics and engineering, business intelligence and big data applications
- Make use of our multi-platform network suites and extensive laboratory facilities, which include a mobile computing lab to develop Android and iOS apps, usability lab with eye-tracking equipment and a forensics lab
- Manage and understand the business value that can be extracted from data sets
- Learn from academic staff with relevant experience in the field, including research and consultancy
If you want to get professional workplace experience alongside your Master's, see our MSc Data Analytics with Professional Experience course.
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your data analytics skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
What you'll study on this MSc Data Analytics degree course
- Applied Data and Text Analytics
- Big Data Applications
- Business Intelligence
- Data Management
- Master's Engineering or Study Project
Teaching on this course includes:
- lab sessions
Careers and opportunities
You'll graduate from this course with enhanced skills in data science and analytics. You'll know how to extract the most valuable information from data sets with mixed attributes, and you'll be an expert in new techniques and technologies in the field, making you highly employable.
What jobs can you do with a data analytics degree?
Career opportunities include:
- Senior data scientist
- Data architect
- Data officer
- Information strategist
- PhD research
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.