In the areas of biochemistry and molecular biology, we can offer a range of exciting postgraduate research projects focusing on mechanisms of gene regulation and RNA biology. We offer three- and four-year PhD programmes, supported by short, taught courses that will broaden your scientific knowledge and give you high-quality training in both generic and advanced research skills. We can also offer one year intensive MRes projects.
We have particular strengths in research related to:
• structure/function of nuclear receptors and histone modifying enzymes
• deadenylase enzymes in post-transcriptional gene regulation
• polyadenylation and RNA-binding proteins
• regulation of translation
• the role of microRNAs
• molecular pathways in cancer and inflammation