The University of Nottingham School of Education has an outstanding international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research in educational leadership and management. The staff team are world leading in this field and are all involved in teaching and research.
The School's flagship leadership programme, The MA Educational Leadership and Management is designed for those who have experience of working in schools and colleges and who seek to develop a better understanding of how educational leadership influences the experiences of staff and students. The programme draws on research from the UK and internationally, much of it conducted by those teaching on the programme. It seeks to:
- improve understanding of leadership practices in national and international social, cultural, political and policy contexts
- strengthen knowledge of leadership and change management utilise existing and emerging international research-informed knowledge of educational leadership
- engage in critical discussion of a range of practices in the leadership and management of other adults in organisations
- enable a deeper critical understanding of the organisation, and the environment in which course members operate
- promote the development of yourself, your colleagues and your organisation
A unique focus is the emphasis upon supporting practice based inquiry through which theories may be applied to practice in the workplace.
You will engage with the latest education research relating to leadership and management and also learn how to conduct research in order to drive development and change in your own professional context.