Special and Inclusive Education (Distance Learning) (MA)

the United Kingdom

For more information about Special and Inclusive Education (Distance Learning) at University of Nottingham, please visit the webpage using the button above.

The award

How long you will study
2 Years

Domestic course fees
find out

How you will study
part-time, online

Course starts
September, February

International course fees
find out

All study options

About Special and Inclusive Education (Distance Learning) at University of Nottingham

What are the best approaches to support learners who are struggling with learning? What are the complexities of inclusive education in a rapidly changing world? How do we address the current barriers to inclusivity?

This online course explores the educational needs of children with labels of learning difficulties, intellectual impairment, physical and sensory disabilities, communication impairments, literacy difficulties/dyslexia, autism and SEBD/ADHD.

Through a critical analysis of contemporary debates, theory and research in the field, you’ll develop effective approaches and structures for supporting your pupils whilst working collaboratively with teachers, parents/carers and different agencies.

It is designed for graduates, teachers or other professionals who have an interest in increasing their knowledge and skills in the field of special and inclusive education. If you have completed the National Award SEN Coordination, you can select modules from this programme to advance to a full MA qualification.

View our student profiles page to see what Sarah says about her experience on the course.

This course can also be studied face-to-face in Nottingham. 

Study options for this course

  • The award How you will study How long you will study Course starts Domestic course fees International course fees
  • The awardMAHow you will studyPart-time, OnlineHow long you will study2 years
    Course startsSeptember, FebruaryDomestic course fees find outInternational course fees find out

Entry requirements

2:2 (or international equivalent) or a relevant professional qualification in education, psychology, teacher training or a caring-related discipline. Applicants with a degree in any other discipline must have relevant work experience

Related Information

Find out more about studying in the United Kingdom

Join Our Newsletter


Sign up to StudyLink.com today for free and be the first to hear about any new study abroad opportunities

Subscribe Now