The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be AACSB-Accredited.
Designed by one of the UK’s leading operations and supply chain management research groups, the aim of this programme is to provide postgraduate-level education in operations and supply chain management principles, theories and practice. The programme provides a theoretical and practical exposition of the factors that are necessary for effective operations and supply management in today’s global and highly competitive markets. In addition, it demonstrates how successful operations performance can shape and influence the sales and profit ambition of a business. The intent is also to provide participants with a profound understanding of the processes and techniques for developing operations strategy and managing operations and supply chain activities.
It is expected that students will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the requirements of successful operations and supply chain practice in modern business.
- Identify and apply a range of operations management initiatives and techniques that can be considered in the development of an operations strategy.
- Develop a conviction that operations can be managed as a strategic resource.
- Understand the models, processes and tools used to analyse, design and implement operations and supply chain management solutions.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the components of supply chains, the material and information flow interactions between them and the analytical and management processes that facilitate successful supply chain performance.
- Understand the role and importance of logistics in competitive business performance.
- Describe and evaluate purchasing strategy options.
- Apply benchmarking and comparative performance techniques.
The programme also offers an opportunity for students to apply their newly acquired knowledge in this subject area through a three-month Project which is typically research based or undertaken in conjunction with industry.
The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS ) (www.cips.org) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) (www.ciltuk.org.uk).