There is an increasing demand for professionals responsible for teaching and learning to gain appropriate training and critical insight into the use technology in their practice. The MA in Education and Technology will provide participants with the practical and research skills to design, use and evaluate technology-enhanced learning interventions. Participants will learn how to embedded technology within their practice, explore key issues and debates and critically appraise educational theory. Participants will be supported to develop their analytical and research skills by undertaking a report of dissertation. The research can be qualitative, quantitative or mixed and can involve exploration of any area of education and technology of interest to them. Examples include:
- Mobile learning in museum settings
- Primary teachers' use of management information systems
- Blogs for language learning
- e-learning readiness in the Maldives
- Learning practice with the XO laptop.
In brief, this masters degree will:
- critically evaluate research and development in technology enhanced learning
- enhance your knowledge of the practical applications of the use of technology in education.
This masters degree provides the opportunity to:
- learn via online or mixed mode study
- tackle the fast-changing issues surrounding the use of technology in education
- work with a wide range of digital technologies currently used in education, from virtual learning environments to computer games, mobile learning and social media
- join a network of like-minded professionals at the cutting edge of technology-enhanced learning in different sectors, including primary and secondary schools, further education colleges, universities and adult education
- apply the latest educational theory to your everyday professional practice
- develop research skills and progress on to doctoral research.
The MA attracts students from a wide variety of backgrounds providing scope for intellectual discussion and debate, and opportunities for multi-disciplinary working. In recent years students have included teachers and lecturers, software developers and technicians, NGO workers, education managers and administrators, local authority advisors and librarians and information resource managers
You can take this programme fully online by combining the core modules from the MA in Education and Technology with your choice of online modules from the entire IOE offering. You then choose to do a dissertation or report, supervised at a distance. Please note that modules selected are subject to approval by the programme leader.
- Education And Technology: Key Issues And Debates
- Research Methods (online)
- Learning And Teaching With Technologies
- Pedagogy, Adaptivity And Technology
- Technology And Education Beyond The Classroom