The increased number of international schools worldwide is creating a high demand for teachers with intercultural competences. As a response to this demand, University College Absalon offers an honours degree with an international focus.
What is special about the International Honours Programme in Teaching?
The International Honours Programme is a teacher education programme. However, it is also much more:
You will have to become competent to teach English as an additional language, as well as mastering two other teaching subjects
You will complete two special interdisciplinary modules
You will complete a special course on ‘General Education’
You will have to complete part of your programme abroad – either as teaching practice at a school or as studies at a higher education institution
You will be responsible to develop you teaching through the you a digital portfolio – and it will be the subject of special exam
In addition to completing the regular teacher education programme (240 ECTS-points), the Honours Programme will required you to complete extra studies equal to 32 ECTS-point over four years.
Why choose the International Honours Programme in Teaching?
The international honours programme is much more demanding, but it opens the door to extraordinary opportunities during and after your education:
- You will get many opportunities to develop an international teaching profile
- As an international student, you will get a unique opportunity to base your teacher education on Danish pedagogical traditions and principles
- As part of international programme, your studies will be enriched by the diversity of your fellow students
- Extra studies will be credited to your diploma
- You will receive the honorary ’with distinction’ on your diploma if you complete the programme within the allotted four years
- You will have an attractive job profile for all internationally minded schools – in Denmark and across the world!
You can read more about the programme here.