The main topic in the course is Smart Sustainable Cities and its three main dimensions (environment, business and social). The course consists of seminars and lectures, working in multidisciplinary groups, field visits and project work. Also a pre-assignment.
Goals: After the course the student can:
- Define the concept of Smart Sustainable Cities and the key elements and fields interlinked in Smart Sustainable Cities
- Understand the general current economic, social and environmental trends that are connected with sustainable growth of cities
- Identify stakeholders in sustainable urban development processes
- Identify techniques to involve people in sustainable urban development initiatives
- Know relevant energy and material flows in city environments
- Explain the urban water cycle, sustainable use and reuse.
- Have an understanding of the future of the cities